Many brand marketing experts and strategists agree that when it comes to online marketing, content creation is key. However, writing for your website doesn’t just mean grinding out as many articles and blog posts as you can; instead, content means focusing on generating quality information. Here are a few things you should answer when planning your content marketing campaign:
- Is customer acquisition and retention your main goal for writing content?
- Do you want to keep things informal and accessible, or technical and promotional?
- Do you want your content to generate buzz about local events or your products and services?
- Do you aim to generate backlinks with your blogs?
Finding your Niche
- What demographics compose your target market?
- What type of information do they usually want when going to your site?
- Which factors motivate them to buy your products and services?
- What writing styles would best suit the tastes of your target market?
Choosing your Channels
- Which sites do you want your content to appear in?
- Do you want to promote your write-ups in social media sites? Which ones?
- Do you manage an on-site blog to store your content?
Answering these questions takes you a few steps closer to achieving your online marketing goals. Before you start working with a marketing firm, make sure that you already have a good handle on what you want to do and whom you want to reach out to.